MALUNGGAY IN ENGLISH – In this article, we are going to learn the meaning and translation of the word “malunggay” in English, as well as its benefits and uses. This will surely help you understand more about malunggay. So, if you are also wondering about its translation, benefits, and uses, read until the end.
What is the English of malunggay?
The English translation of the word “malunggay” is horseradish or moringa. Moringa is from its scientific name Moringa Oleifera.
While horseradish is what English speakers call malunggay, it is also said that it’s a different species from the horseradish that Westerners know.
Now, let us move on to the meaning of the word “malunggay” and its uses.
Malunggay meaning and its Uses
In the Philippines, Malunggay is a widely known plant. It is a medicinal plant and is known to Filipinos as the most nutritious plant in the Philippines, as it contains nutrients like vitamins A and C, calcium, and more.
In addition to that, malunggay leaves are used as an ingredient in cooking such as soups and other dishes, used to make tea, and also used as a remedy for various ailments. It can be eaten cooked or raw and is also said in a study that it increases sperm count in men.
Important information about malunggay: Malunggay is native to countries like the Philippines, India, Pakistan, and more. All of its parts are used as medicine and can be taken by mouth for lots of illnesses.
Health Benefits of Malunggay
Below are some of the benefits we can get in malunggay or moringa/horseradish tree.
- It prevents anemia. Malunggay is rich in iron which helps us prevent anemia.
- Boost immunity. It boosts our immunity as it is rich in Vitamin C.
- It helps improves skin health. Malunggay leaves‘ antioxidant helps protect our skin from damage.
- Improves digestion. It can help us improve our digestion because of the fiber content of its leaves.
- It promotes heart health. Its leaves are a good source of potassium.
- It promotes weight loss. It can help us promote weight loss as its leaves are high in fiber and low in calories.
- Prevents birth defects. It helps pregnant women prevent birth defects as it is a good source of folic acid.
Example Sentences – Tagalog to English
|Maraming sustansya ang malunggay.||Horseradish is rich in nutrients.|
|Mahilig akong kumain ng malunggay kapag inilalahog sa tinola.||I love to eat horseradish when added to tinola.|
|Mas masarap ang malunggay kapag niluluto at mapait kapag ginagawang tsaa.||Horseradish tastes better when cooked and bitter when made into tea.|
|Ang aking kapitbahay na si jasmine ay maraming halamang malunggay.||My neighbor jasmine has plenty of horseradish plants.|
|Mahal na ngayon ang malunggay sa palengke.||Horseradish is now expensive in the market.|
Thank you for reading this article. We hope that you learn something from this. Do not forget to share this with your friends. For more educational content, visit our website.
Other English and Filipino Translations
- What Is Fainting In Tagalog?
- Fatigue In Tagalog
- Further In Tagalog
- What Is Good Morning In Tagalog
- Good Afternoon In Tagalog
We are proud Pinoy.