Examples of Tanaga Poems – these TANAGA are traditional Tagalog poems of Filipino people. This article will introduce to you the Tanaga Poems in English and Tagalog Language. You can also make your own Tanaga Poems and explore your creative skill in making Poems.
To start with, let us know what is a Tanaga Poem.
What is a Tanaga Poem?
Tanaga are traditinal Filipino Poetry that has 4 lines (taludtod) and 7 syllables (pantig) in each line. This type of poem consist of ryhmes at the end of every line. These rhyme has patterns that the poet could choose. the rhyme schemes could be in AAAA, ABAB, AABB, ABBB and ABBA.
The tanaga puts poets to the test in terms of rhyme, meter, and metaphor, not only because it is rhymed and measured, but also because it requires skillful use of words to create a problem that demands an answer.
Also called luwa in *Ilonggo, a tanaga is a **pre-colonial Filipino short poem that traditionally contains philosophical ideas and views about the world, events, people, etc.
Now let’s take a look at the Examples of Tanaga Poems in each Rhyme scheme that’s mentioned above.
Examples of Tanaga Poems in Each Rhyme Scheme:
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here are the list of Tanaga Poem Examples in each Rhyming Scheme.
- Example of Tanaga Poem in Tagalog with AAAA Scheme
Hindi pa ba sapat na
Pagmamahal na sobra
Ba’t ngayo’y lilisan ka
Mayroon na bang iba?
- Example of Tanaga Poem in Tagalog with AABB Scheme
Maari bang sa akin
Pag-ibig mo’y ibaling
Nang aking makamtan
- Example of Tanaga Poem in Tagalog with ABAB Scheme
Wag sanang masamain
Ang munting pagtatapat
Kamay po nya’y hihingin
Sumpa man, akoy tapat
- Example of Tanaga Poem in Tagalog with ABBB Scheme
Simula pa nung una
Di na maintindihan
- Example of Tanaga Poem in Tagalog with ABBA Scheme
Nais ng pusong ito
Sa iyo’y iparating
Aking nais sabihin
Salamat sa tulad mo
The Tagalog tanaga, which goes back to 1500, has been mistakenly described as the Philippine equivalent of the Japanese haiku.
A tanaga, also known as luwa in Ilonggo, is a pre-colonial Filipino short poetry that traditionally conveys philosophical concepts and viewpoints regarding the world, events, people, and so on.
So that completes our discussion about the Tanaga Poems in English and Tagalog. Hope that this would help you with building your own Tanaga Poems.
Thank you for having the ideas of this discussion, hoping that you have learned a lot.
Now if you have questions about the discussion about these Example of Tanaga Poem in English and Tagalog you can ask through the comments below.
Your question and suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot and have a good day!.
- Tagalog Jokes & Quotes | Meaning & Examples
- Long Size Bond Paper in CM, MM and Inches
- Spinach In Tagalog: English To Tagalog Translation
- 9 A4 Stories Tagalog : Maikling Kwento Tungkol Sa Kaibigan
- Philippine Folk Dance Examples and History
- Glow Foods Examples : Go, Grow and Glow Foods
- Grow Foods Examples : Go, Grow and Glow Foods
- Go Foods Examples : Go, Grow and Glow Foods
- Duhat In English: Tagalog to English Translation